Thursday, October 31, 2013

Soup Time!

I miss the comfort of chicken noodle soup, so I searched the web for a recipe to satisfy my cravings...a vegetarian, gluten free recipe!  I found a few different ones, but as usual, I couldn't find that was just what I wanted, so I made up my own! Yesterday I found lots of fresh veggies at the farmers market and today is the perfect rainy day for some homemade soup!

Happy Halloween!

The Hearty Insides
3 Carrots, peeled and chopped
6-8 Celery stalks, chopped
1 yellow onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, pressed
Hot peppers, season to your liking
1 8oz package of Ancient Grain Fusilli pasta(or your favorite GF pasta) 
5 cups of Swanson Vegetable Broth
2 cups of water
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

Heat 2T of olive oil in a stock pot, add veggies and saute 7 minutes.  Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.  Add the pasta and cook for 3 minutes. Add any fresh spices you may like. Add broth and water, bring to a boil. Cook covered 6-8 minutes.  Add lemon juice and keep at on low heat. Can serve immediately, but I prefer to let it sit at least an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment